Since this is my first post, I’d love to make it special and share the recipe of one of my favorite foods; jollof rice. I love preparing it, and definitely eating it! :-)
- Wash the rice, and then parboil it by boiling it in a pot of hot water for 5mins. Drain in a sieve and then, set aside
- Blend the tomatoes, pepper tatashe and onions together. Heat the vegetable oil in a pot and then add the blended tomatoes, fry for 5mins, add the spices and salt. Stir-fry for 2mins
- Add the chicken/turkey stock and 2 cups of water then, bring to a boil
- Add the parboiled rice, cover and allow to simmer until the liquid is dry and the rice is cooked (ensure that the rice is still a bit hard and dry). Reduce the heat
- With a wooden cooking spoon or stick (as it is popularly known in the western part of Nigeria as omorogun.:-)), stir in the tomato puree and butter
- Taste for salt and seasoning. Add you’re garnishing of choice and cover for 10mins.